Enthusiastic at the return of meetings and the event gifting business, Cultivate founder Tom Romine is equally passionate about his company’s new online platform making it easy for “anyone to send a gift and make it meaningful.” With his company’s technology, any organization or team can create a selection of gifts and a branded redemption site and then see specifically what they redeem. “Clients love that feature,” he says. “If you are trying to cement a relationship, what better way than to send a gift of their choice. If they redeem the gift for a cappuccino machine, maybe you follow up with a bag of expresso beans. We are seeing clients use the platform selectively to build and cement relationships.”
With his company’s system, recipients receive a link that gives them 30 days to redeem for their gift, after which the value is restored to the client, “so there is no breakage.” This model has other benefits, he adds. The 30-day time limit ensures that the appreciation occurs soon after it is expressed. “Increasingly, in these times of frequent change, people have left the company even before they have had time to redeem their points in traditional programs.” In addition, the model makes it easy to comply with organizational rules against gifting. “If the recipient can’t accept the gift, the points simply go back into the client’s accounts.”
He sees equal applications for “sales leaders in motivation. Instead of dangling carrots, surprise your top performers with a choice the recipient will find personal to them and love to use in a way that enhances that proud moment of accomplishment. That gift will also have an impact on the team as word spreads."
The platform is ideal for customer and employee milestones, he notes, “because there’s no need to pay any monthly or hosting fee to celebrate milestones. Recipients receive points they can redeem in a catalog with about 40 to 50 items selected to appeal to the team.”
In all cases, he emphasizes, the redemption experience and messaging can be customized for each individual, so that there is a direct connection between the giver, the reason for the appreciation, and the recipient. “Helping companies truly appreciate the people they value the most returns ten times the loyalty,” he says.
For the latest news delivered by via email, subscribe here.
Education, Certifications, and Information to Activate
Brand Media and Enterprise Engagement
A complete learning, certification, and information program and a course syllabus for educators.
Resources: The Brand Media Coalition, the only guide to the story-telling power of brands and where to source them for business, event, promotional gifting, and rewards and recognition. Enterprise Engagement Solution Provider Directory. The only directory of engagement solution providers covering all types of agencies and tactics as well as insights on how to select them.
Communities: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance and Advocate and the Brand Media Coalition free resource centers offering access to the latest research, news, and case studies; discounts, promotions, referrals, and commissions, when appropriate to third-party solution providers from participating coalition solution provider members.
Training and Certification
Enterprise Engagement Alliance Education: Certified Engagement Practitioner; Advanced Engaged Practitioner, and Certified Engagement Solution Provider learning and certification programs on how to implement Stakeholder Capitalism principles at the tactical level.
International Center for Enterprise Engagement: The only training and certification program for ISO 30414 human capital reporting and ISO 10018 quality people management certification.
The EEA offers a complimentary course syllabus for educators.
This is the definitive implementation guide to Stakeholder Capitalism, written specifically to provide CEOs and their leadership teams a concise overview of the framework, economics, and implementation process of a CEO-led strategic and systematic approach to achieving success through people. (123 pages, $15.99)
The first and most comprehensive book on Enterprise Engagement and the new ISO 9001 and ISO 10018 quality people management standards. Includes 36 chapters detailing how to better integrate and align engagement efforts across the enterprise. (312 pages, $36.)
10-minute short course: click here for a 10-minute introduction to Enterprise Engagement and ISO standards from the Coggno.com learning platform.
• The Engagement Agency at EngagementAgency.net, offering: complete support services for employers, solution providers, and technology firms seeking to profit from formal engagement practices for themselves or their clients, including Brand and Capability audits for solution providers to make sure their products and services are up to date.
• C-Suite Advisory Service—Education of boards, investors, and C-suite executives on the economics, framework, and implementation processes of Enterprise Engagement.
• Speakers Bureau—Select the right speaker on any aspect of engagement for your next event.
• Mergers and Acquisitions. The Engagement Agency’s Mergers and Acquisition group is aware of multiple companies seeking to purchase firms in the engagement field. Contact Michael Mazer in confidence if your company is potentially for sale at 303-320-3777.
Enterprise Engagement Benchmark Tools: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance offers three tools to help organizations profit from Engagement. Click here to access the tools.
• ROI of Engagement Calculator. Use this tool to determine the potential return-on-investment of an engagement strategy.
• EE Benchmark Indicator. Confidentially benchmark your organization’s Enterprise Engagement practices against organizations and best practices.
• Compare Your Company’s Level of Engagement. Quickly compare your organization’s level of engagement to those of others based on the same criteria as the EEA’s Engaged Company Stock Index.
• Gauge Your Personal Level of Engagement. This survey, donated by Horsepower, enables individuals to gauge their own personal levels of engagement.
For more information, contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheEEA.org, 914-591-7600, ext. 230.