A company-wide campaign benefits a leading media advocacy group and creates a curated product collection to raise funds and awareness to support the LGBTQ community.
To celebrate Pride Month, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. has once again joined forces with GLAAD, a leading LGBTQ+ media advocacy organization, “to help create a world where everyone can live the life they love.” Now through the end of June, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM customers can shop from a collection of 14 curated items created to help friends and family celebrate gay pride. The company says it will donate 20% of the net proceeds* from all purchases from this Pride Collection to GLAAD. Customers can also make cash donations to the organization.
1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. says it has already made a $25,000 donation to GLAAD and that since 2007, it has provided more than $200,000 in monetary and in-kind donations to support the organization.
"At 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc., we believe that embracing diversity, and celebrating the uniqueness of every individual, makes us a better company," says Tom Hartnett, President, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. "We are proud to continue our relationship with GLAAD to raise awareness for its mission, to help amplify voices within the LGBTQ+ community, and to inspire our customers to give back, as we work together to help ensure there are no limits on love."
1-800-FLOWERS.COM says its 2022 Pride Collection features more than a dozen products from across the company's family of brands, ranging from $8.99 to $275.00, including:
• 1-800-Flowers.com® Pride Roses
• Harry & David® Pride Month Gift Box
• 1-800-Baskets.com® Pride Artisan Iced Cookies
• Cheryl's Cookies® Love is Love Cookie Card
• The Popcorn Factory® Tins With Pop® Pride
• PersonalizationMall.com® Love Is Love Personalized 50x60 Plush Fleece Blanket
The company says that customers can further show their Pride by sending complimentary eCards to loved ones. “Additionally, an LGBTQ+ community is available through 1-800-Flowers.com Connection Communities, where peer-to-peer support may be found around shared life experiences,” the company says.
Throughout the month, the company reports, “members of the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. LGBTQ+ & Allies Employee Resource Group will walk in Pride parades throughout the country, host a listening and learning session with GLAAD for team members nationwide, and more.”
Click here to get RRN news delivered each week.
Education, Certifications, and Information to Activate
Brand Media and Enterprise Engagement
A complete learning, certification, and information program and a course syllabus for educators.
Resources: The Brand Media Coalition, the only guide to the story-telling power of brands and where to source them for business, event, promotional gifting, and rewards and recognition. Enterprise Engagement Solution Provider Directory. The only directory of engagement solution providers covering all types of agencies and tactics as well as insights on how to select them.
Communities: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance and Advocate and the Brand Media Coalition free resource centers offering access to the latest research, news, and case studies; discounts, promotions, referrals, and commissions, when appropriate to third-party solution providers from participating coalition solution provider members.
Training and Certification
Enterprise Engagement Alliance Education: Certified Engagement Practitioner; Advanced Engaged Practitioner, and Certified Engagement Solution Provider learning and certification programs on how to implement Stakeholder Capitalism principles at the tactical level.
International Center for Enterprise Engagement: The only training and certification program for ISO 30414 human capital reporting and ISO 10018 quality people management certification.
The EEA offers a complimentary course syllabus for educators.
This is the definitive implementation guide to Stakeholder Capitalism, written specifically to provide CEOs and their leadership teams a concise overview of the framework, economics, and implementation process of a CEO-led strategic and systematic approach to achieving success through people. (123 pages, $15.99)
The first and most comprehensive book on Enterprise Engagement and the new ISO 9001 and ISO 10018 quality people management standards. Includes 36 chapters detailing how to better integrate and align engagement efforts across the enterprise. (312 pages, $36.)
10-minute short course: click here for a 10-minute introduction to Enterprise Engagement and ISO standards from the Coggno.com learning platform.
• The Engagement Agency at EngagementAgency.net, offering: complete support services for employers, solution providers, and technology firms seeking to profit from formal engagement practices for themselves or their clients, including Brand and Capability audits for solution providers to make sure their products and services are up to date.
• C-Suite Advisory Service—Education of boards, investors, and C-suite executives on the economics, framework, and implementation processes of Enterprise Engagement.
• Speakers Bureau—Select the right speaker on any aspect of engagement for your next event.
• Mergers and Acquisitions. The Engagement Agency’s Mergers and Acquisition group is aware of multiple companies seeking to purchase firms in the engagement field. Contact Michael Mazer in confidence if your company is potentially for sale at 303-320-3777.
Enterprise Engagement Benchmark Tools: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance offers three tools to help organizations profit from Engagement. Click here to access the tools.
• ROI of Engagement Calculator. Use this tool to determine the potential return-on-investment of an engagement strategy.
• EE Benchmark Indicator. Confidentially benchmark your organization’s Enterprise Engagement practices against organizations and best practices.
• Compare Your Company’s Level of Engagement. Quickly compare your organization’s level of engagement to those of others based on the same criteria as the EEA’s Engaged Company Stock Index.
• Gauge Your Personal Level of Engagement. This survey, donated by Horsepower, enables individuals to gauge their own personal levels of engagement.
For more information, contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheEEA.org, 914-591-7600, ext. 230.